We currently have a vacancy for a Junior Project Manager to join our Production department.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will possess the skills and knowledge to instil confidence with your ‘internal clients’ by professionally and commercially managing the development and production of all allocated projects, while displaying practical working knowledge of the relevant production requirements. Specific responsibilities of the Junior Project Manager include the following:
- Responsibility for small to mid-sized projects in line with business requirements.
- Pro-actively work with Business Development and Account Management; and liaise with internal and external contacts to produce a technical specification for the job that is practical, achievable, that answers the brief and is commercially viable.
- Generate project schedules and budgets in a clear and concise format as set out by the company.
- Work with suppliers, place purchase orders and monitor the quality and timing of individual elements of the project.
- To be adaptable to changes in the requirements of the project, and action accordingly.
- Manage internal client’s expectations for the duration of the project lifecycle.
- Ensure client approval is obtained at all relevant stages of projects.
- Attend site installations and handover to clients where applicable.
- Actively source new suppliers, keeping our offering competitive and growing the supplier database (including outside of the UK where applicable).
- Brief and liaise with HRG Logistics to ensure that any work that they undertake on your behalf is successfully executed.
- Maintain current working records of all projects through Synergist and the relevant internal folders, ensuring that these could be easily picked up if required.
- Ensure that the company QC process is adhered to for all projects.
Areas of knowledge & experience relevant to this role will include, but not be restricted to: Project Management, Litho/Digital/Screen Print, Joinery, Plastics, Metalwork, Electrical, Manufacturing methods & techniques, Assembly, QC and Logistics.
Ideal characteristics of an HRG Junior Project Manager:
- Organised and able to multi-task with ease.
- Proactive and open to working through challenging situations.
- High level of attention to detail and the tenacity to deliver excellence.
- Great communication skills across different levels and the ability to manage expectations.
- Confident and professional in a variety of situations.
- Commercially minded.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, helping others whenever possible.
- Strong sense of ownership and professional pride.
What we will offer you
We know this is a people industry and reward our team for the value they bring, and we know that this goes way beyond just salary. We have employee wellbeing right at the heart of our people agenda and strive to offer working arrangements and benefits that keep our teams engaged, dynamic and firing on all cylinders!
At HRG you don’t just get paid, we offer so much more! Here are just some of the things you can expect when you join the team:
Making work fit around the ever-changing and demanding needs of life; We offer flexible working or hybrid work arrangements (part office, part remote) for all roles that can be performed effectively this way.
Ensuring you get adequate rest for all you give; We understand that breaks from work are vital and therefore offer a competitive holiday entitlement starting at 24 days per annum (plus bank holidays) increasing to 30 with length of service. In addition, we offer additional duvet days for times when you just need an extra break!
Protecting your future; Life Insurance, Income Protection and Contributory Pension are all benefits that form part of our offer.
Keeping you and your family well; Private medical insurance, staff trained in mental health first aid and a whole host of external support services are offered to all our staff and their immediate family members.
Sharing the success; If the company performs well against target, then the team that got us there reap the benefits via an Annual Company Bonus Scheme. We also have regular team building and social events simply to say ‘Thank You’ to our staff.
We develop you; We have plenty of personal development mentoring/development opportunities across our global network of agencies based in 35 countries worldwide. There is no need to stand-still if you don’t want to!
Get Home Safe policies; At times you may be asked to visit clients, suppliers or trade events which could mean late or even overnight travel. In light of this we have a series of policies which put your safety first when travelling or staying in hotels – home or abroad.
To apply for this role please email your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
HRG is part of the Altavia Group.