Ideal characteristics of an HRG Project Manager:
- Organised and able to multi-task with ease.
- Proactive and open to working through challenging situations.
- High level of attention to detail and the tenacity to deliver excellence.
- Great communication skills across different levels and the ability to manage expectations.
- Confident and professional in a variety of situations.
- Commercially minded.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, helping others whenever possible.
- Strong sense of ownership and professional pride.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Instil confidence with your ‘internal clients’ by professionally and commercially managing the development and production of all allocated projects, while displaying practical working knowledge of the relevant production requirements. Specific responsibilities of the Project Manager include the following:
- Responsibility for mid-sized to large projects in line with business requirements.
- Pro-actively work with Business Development and Account Management; and liaise with internal and external contacts to produce a technical specification for the job that is practical, achievable, that answers the brief and is commercially viable.
- Generate project schedules and budgets in a clear and concise format as set out by the company.
- Work with suppliers, place purchase orders and monitor the quality and timing of individual elements of the project.
- To be adaptable to changes in the requirements of the project, and action accordingly.
- Manage internal client’s expectations for the duration of the project lifecycle.
- Ensure client approval is obtained at all relevant stages of projects.
- Attend site installations and handover to clients where applicable.
- Actively source new suppliers, keeping our offering competitive and growing the supplier database (including outside of the UK where applicable).
- Brief and liaise with HRG Logistics to ensure that any work that they undertake on your behalf is successfully executed.
- Maintain current working records of all projects through Synergist and the relevant internal folders, ensuring that these could be easily picked up if required.
- Ensure that the company QC process is adhered to for all projects.
Areas of knowledge & experience relevant to this role will include, but not be restricted to: Project Management, Litho/Digital/Screen Print, Joinery, Plastics, Metalwork, Electrical, Manufacturing methods & techniques, Assembly, QC and Logistics.