Do you love uncovering rare insights that lead to exceptional creative ideas?
We are looking for a Senior Strategic Planner to join our growing Strategy and Insight Team.
You will lead the creation of insight-led marketing strategies for some of the best-known brands in the world. The role will be a busy one and you will be multi-tasking on a number of projects, ensuring quality is never compromised. You will be responsible for developing the key strategic insight and the creative proposition for shopper and retail campaigns globally for the UK market. You therefore need to understand consumer behaviour, the shopper journey, the influence of digital and the increasingly non-linear path to purchase.
You will need to demonstrate conviction behind your strategy, in front of the client, and deliver it with confidence, enthusiasm and passion. We are looking for someone that is able to help drive transformation in an established and successful creative agency that is embracing change and growth.
- Build brilliant shopper strategies that lead to the delivery of inspirational creative and commercial results
- Take briefs from clients, ask key questions, get to know their brands, align on objectives and understand the key factors that will impact on performance
- Identify and interpret actionable insights using data. Apply insights to develop and deliver meaningful and well-informed strategies for categories and brands
- Produce cohesive and intelligent plans to build successful campaigns
- Generate clear and concise creative briefs that inspire great creative
- Lead research projects, being able to choose the right research methodology, brief research of agencies and moderate groups as required
- Facilitate creative campaign and business innovation sessions
- Present findings to senior staff members and clients
- Identify potential problems and devise ways to rectify them
- Ensure creative strategy is aligned with the brand positioning and overall client strategy
Skills / Experience required
We are looking for an experienced (5+ years) Strategic Planner with a track record of developing data and insight led solutions. We need someone who can work through the clutter and set a really meaningful strategy.
The successful candidate must be able to draw upon a range of skills to perform the role
- Strategic, analytical and creative thinking
- Interested in human behaviour, psychology, cultural and social trends
- A proven track record in developing brand and marketing strategy plans within FMCG and on-trade environments
- The ability to make complex subjects understandable
- Strong communicator and team player
- Strong knowledge of shopper media
- The flexibility to work over a number of projects and balance your workload
- Experience of briefing creative teams
- A confident influencer, leader, spokesperson and networker
- Experience of monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of the campaign
- Knowledge of where to source and how to analyse data, trends and reports relevant to the client’s business
- A general understanding of digital marketing and its impact on shopper behaviour
- A confident presenter to senior clients and an ability to speak simply when explaining strategy
- Inspiring – you will be able to energise agency and clients alike in both written and spoken word
- Optimistic – you will not be going to be put off by negative feedback or client barriers. You will be relentless in driving work through to implementation
- Open minded – you will be good at dealing with ambiguity, enjoying learning, developing and sharing knowledge
- A role model and leader for desired core values and behaviours
What we will offer you
HRG are an award-winning retail and shopper marketing agency based in Northampton. We are hard-working, fun-loving, fast-paced and really care about our people.
We reward our team for the value they bring and we know that this goes way beyond just salary. We have employee wellbeing right at the heart of our people agenda and strive to offer working arrangements and benefits that keep our teams engaged, dynamic and firing on all cylinders!
At HRG you don’t just get paid, we offer so much more! Here are just some of the things you can expect when you join the team;
Making work fit around the ever-changing and demanding needs of life; We offer flexible working or hybrid work arrangements (part office, part remote) for all roles that can be performed effectively this way.
Ensuring you get adequate rest for all you give; We understand that breaks from work are vital and therefore offer a competitive holiday entitlement starting at 24 days per annum (plus bank holidays) increasing to 30 with length of service. In addition, we offer additional duvet days for times when you just need an extra break!
Protecting your future; Life Insurance, Income Protection and Contributory Pension are all benefits that form part of our offer.
Keeping you and your family well; Private medical insurance, staff trained in mental health first aid and a whole host of external support services are offered to all our staff and their immediate family members.
Sharing the success; If the company performs well against target, then the team that got us there reap the benefits via an Annual Company Bonus Scheme. We also have regular team building and social events simply to say ‘Thank You’ to our staff.
We develop you; We have plenty of personal development mentoring/development opportunities across our global network of agencies based in 35 countries worldwide. There is no need to stand-still if you don’t want to!
Get Home Safe policies; At times you may be asked to visit clients, suppliers or trade events which could mean late or even overnight travel. In light of this we have a series of policies which put your safety first when travelling or staying in hotels – home or abroad.
To apply for this role please email your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
HRG is part of the Altavia Group.